When you need to transport goods, you’ll see many terms thrown around. For example, you may be wondering what freight delivery is, and how it relates to your business. You want transportation that’s reliable, affordable and timely. No matter if you’re in construction or retail, getting goods from one place to another on time is the responsibility of trucking services. Let’s look at freight delivery and how it works.
What are the types of freight delivery?
This is the most cost-effective way to move goods across the country. Freight delivery is used to ship large quantities of items, whether it’s car parts, lumber or building supplies. Here are the main types of delivery services available:
- Less than truckload (LTL): Choose this service if you’re shipping items that are more than packages, but not so large that you need a full big rig. Less than truckload, or LTL, freight delivery offers tremendous value for loads that are between 150 and 15,000 pounds.
- Full truckload: If you’re planning on transporting goods that will fill an entire semi trailer—more than 15,000 pounds—then this service is for you.
- Partial truckload: For companies with more than 5,000 pounds but less than 15,000 pounds to transport, it makes sense to choose this service. Your goods will share a big rig’s trailer space with other companies’ items.
- Intermodal: This is when the load is transported via a range of modes, such as by truck, ship and rail. Sometimes this can be more cost efficient.
- Expedited: Do you need to get goods to a job site or warehouse fast? Choose expedited freight delivery for speedy service.
Why choose freight shipping?
Companies select a freight shipping option when they need to transport goods from one destination to another in a safe, timely and affordable manner. High-quality freight transport companies will have comprehensive insurance. They will also provide a quote on any services ahead of time. You will be able to select a delivery window that works for you.
What equipment do freight shippers use?
The equipment used by the trucking service may differ depending on what’s being transported. Here are a couple of common types:
- Dry vans: A dry van is the most common freight trailer commercial truckers use. These are up to 53 feet long and can handle up to 45,000 pounds. This is a common way to transport dry goods.
- Flatbed: This equipment may be utilized when shipping bulky or oddly-shaped pieces like lumber and machinery. You’ll want to avoid flatbeds for fragile goods or those that are sensitive to the weather.
- Temperature control: When you need refrigerated shipping, such as for pharmaceuticals and certain foods, you’ll want to investigate this option.
Do you need less-than-load trucking services? It’s time to check out everything Pro Delivery, LLC has to offer. Our fleet contains trucks in a variety of sizes, and our experienced drivers go the extra mile for all our customers. Give us a call today to learn more about our services and get a free estimate.
Categorised in: Freight Delivery
This post was written by Writer