When you receive a package delivered to your home or business, you probably don’t think much about the shipping process the products went through. Unless you’re interested in less-than-truckload (LTL) pallet shipping in Houston, TX, all you care about is receiving your goods in one piece. However, all consumers should understand a little bit about the shipping process, and a big portion of that starts with the bill of lading.
A bill of lading is an agreement between a shipper and a transportation company that establishes a record of all received goods that are on board. Bills of lading are required for all types of transportation: land, ocean and air.
Continue reading to learn more about bills of lading in order to further understand how your products get from their original location to your front door.
Why are bills of lading important?
The bill of lading serves three main purposes for LTL pallet shipping in Houston, TX: It’s a receipt of all goods received; it acts as evidence of the terms of the contract; and it serves as a title to the goods. All bills of lading are transferable from the shipper to the transportation company (carrier).
What’s included in the bill of lading?
Each bill of lading for freight delivery in Houston, TX includes a ton of information that’s pertinent to the shipper and carrier. These items include:
- Names and addresses of the receiver and shipper
- Invoice numbers for the items
- Date of pickup
- Weight and dimension of the product
- Nature of the cargo
- Details of packaging used
- Special notes and instructions for the carrier
If any of this information is missing or incorrect, your products may not arrive in time (or at all), and the carrier or shipping company can end up in some hot water with the Department of Transportation.
Why hire Pro Delivery LLC?
Businesses of all sizes in all sorts of different industries trust Pro Delivery LLC for all of their shipping needs. Here are a few reasons why:
- Wide range of services: There’s no point in using one shipping company to handle your hot shot trucking and another for your long haul delivery—we do it all. We’re your one-stop shop for all of your delivery needs.
- Reliable deliveries: Regardless of the cargo, we understand the importance of on-time deliveries. Our team is committed to ensuring your goods are delivered to their destination on or before their due date.
- Free estimates: In addition to providing low rates, we offer free estimates for all of our services. Since there’s no risk in seeing what we can offer, why not give us a call to learn more about our prices and services?
Don’t put your cargo in the hands of an unqualified shipping company for freight delivery in Houston, TX. Instead, contact our team. Whether you need your goods shipped across town or across the country, Pro Delivery LLC has you covered. Get in touch to learn more about what we can do for your operation.
Categorised in: Shipping Company
This post was written by Writer